Monday, October 10, 2011

Conversations

Setting: Dining Hall. Lunch Hour.

---------------
Bulgarian: So what do you think about the Economics mid-term?

Malaysian: ermmm...I think it was quite easy.

Bulgarian: Ya~! No wonder everybody studies Economics in Bulgaria.

Malaysian: ???????Sorry I don't understand.

Bulgarian: Oh. I mean in Bulgaria, usually people who don't know what they want to do with their lives, they study Economics. And law. We don't have many people doing the sciences.

Malaysian: Oh I see. Hmm....I think in Malaysia we tend to go for the sciences. (I stand corrected on this.)

Bulgarian: Yeah...you're like Asian countries. You're good at science and math.

Malaysian: No! You know, in a lot of Asian countries, the school place a lot of emphasis on the exams. So the students tend to do better in exams.

Bulgarian: Yeah! I just talked to (the kiasu Singaporean). He spoke like if you didn't get a perfect score in SAT it's like you fail! And my score was like....

Malaysian: Ahahaha. Then you must be exceptional in other areas.(omg I sound so fake) Though rumour has it that they expect higher score from Asian students.

Bulgarian: What? Because you Asians are smarter?

Malaysian: No! It's because we're so good at tackling the test questions! We're more used to taking exams.

Bulgarian: Like isn't that good! If you can answer the questions you have the knowledge!

Malaysian: It's not like that!!

Bulgarian: It's better to solve problems (science) than memorizing those commentaries on literature and philosophy and write them down in exam and forget the next day!

Malaysian: zzz.

-------------------------------------

1 comment:

Khai said...

cina memang kiasu one..
LIke getting A- is Asian F....

and hor,foreigner always make their own assumption...

like one day hor...
Ruth: khai, eat that housefly
Khai: what?! I don't eat that...
Ruth: I thought you guys eat anything...

wtf hor