Saturday, June 11, 2011

O Mio Babbino Caro

Dear Father,


The instruction for executing the payment is at the end of this personal letter*. We have just concluded our second day in New York when I was composing this letter.

New York, is, basically, very big. Many many lights. Not many people actually, by that I mean not as crowded as we had seen in Hong Kong. But perhaps that was because of the three consecutive public holidays here.

One thing I observed during this trip is the ongoing conflicts between a few of us cousins - conflict of opinions, conflict of personality, conflict of interest, and by interest I mean the things we enjoy doing, e.g. shopping or going to museum >.<

I'm not saying we were always arguing. The mood of the trip cannot be better, but as you may know, this is the first time I had to LIVE with my cousins for all 24 hours 7 days a week, and conflicts arise naturally. E.g, cousin XYZ is always asking for the details of our plan -- "Where are we going?" "What time should we meet?" "How do you know what time the shop close?" It's good to be detail-oriented, but sometimes, it really gets to my nerves when she asks me questions when I was most unprepared to answer. Before you get the wrong meaning of this (shall I say unexpectedly?) long letter, let me clarify that I'm just trying to illustrate the "conflicts" I have mentioned earlier (I'm just using her as an example.) And then ABC, I understand she's undergoing a "transition" stage, but sometimes when she speaks I really want to slap her face. Same goes to other cousins, perhaps with the exception of PQR and UVW. They are all very quiet and easy-going with everybody >.< I'm not all perfect too, as I'm pretty sure I also had my stupid moments.

We're going to Florida tomorrow afternoon. I have bought a painting for Mom. Well, not exactly. I just saw the painting on the street and thought she would like it, which I hope she would, because I was very much fond of it too.

No gifts for you yet, unfortunately. I hope this letter would compensate for that at present.


DeluSion

-------------------------------------------------------


No comments: