Thursday, July 28, 2011

Immunization Requirements: Chicken Pox

I'm trying to satisfy my university's immunization requirements for the past few weeks. The reason the process has to drag for a few weeks was none other than my procrastination.

Some of the vaccines necessitated by the university are:

1. MMR (Measle, Mumps, Rubella) *Mumps is probably "猪头皮"。

2. Tetanus, Diphtheria, accelular Pertussis (Tdap vaccine)

3. Hepatitis B

4. Varicella (i.e. chicken pox)

5. Meningococcal


I had MMR and DTP (number 2) vaccines 3 days ago, and took a blood test this morning which will hopefully show that I am immune to chicken pox, since I caught the disease when I was 5. The blood test (antibody titre) would not have been necessary if I knew which clinic my parents had brought me to for chicken pox!

Now that I think about it, I felt so stupid for testing for chicken pox antibodies, because the test costs me RM80, while the vaccine is probably cheaper. So I could have just taken the vaccine instead. ==

And the reason I kapsiao want to do a blood test was because 科技发展日新月异, I was under the impression that only 1 DROP of my blood was needed to run the test. But apparently they needed 10ml, which is about a third of the volume of a rolled-out normal Durex condom?!




*1 drop niah!




No comments: