Saturday, August 13, 2011

American Conversation

Calling to a US government department office. (a bit difficult to reproduce the speech patterns of the Americans)


American1: Hello this is Michael, how can I help you?

DeluSion: erm....I'm a caller from Malaysia, I just submitted my....

American1: ooo...Malaysia...from Kuala Lumpur? Wait. What time is it in Malaysia?

DeluSion: erm....three.....half past three.

American1: In the afternoon, or is it in the morning? (这个真的是废话的, 他那边都afternoon着。)

DeluSion: In the morning. (continue talking about my problem.)
.
.
.
(somewhere in the middle)

American1: Your English is very goooooodd.

DeluSion: (ter-flattered) Oh, thank you.


That doesn't come very often you know, lol. Good customer service.


2 comments:

Khai said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Robinn T said...

good la! I hated talking through phone, the tongue clatters when I don't see people in their eyes to talk.