Sunday, June 27, 2010

On the Claim that Love Has No Boundaries

Been wanting to write a post on this title. But I guess I will never have the time to do so. Speaking of sociology, I have only read 50 pages of my 800-page Australian-based textbook (which is bought at only RM30! -- very dai2)

Two days ago(*1) I came across this topic on marriage from a sociology reference book, when I should have been studying for Physics.

"we assume that peole choose a partner or mate based on love. But we find that people's choices are guided by other considerations as well: a potential partner's age, height, weight, income, education, race, sex, social class, and religion, among other things. When the conditions are right, we "allow" ourselves to fall in love."


extracted from
Sociology, A Global Perspective
by Joan Ferrante
pp 341
*1 : Actually it's last year when I was still studying A-levels. I drafted this post around that time.
------------------------------------
Some of the conditions were not taught. As a result we forgot to make consideration for it.

No comments: