Friday, December 18, 2009

你有听过主耶稣的名吗?

The door bell rang, I went to get it, and the first thing I got was :

Where's daddy and mummy?

>.<

There was a group of teenagers/young adults around my age standing outside. At first I thought they're the so-called “market investigator" 市场调查员, you know, those that likes to ask: "auntie, may I know what brand of oil do you use? uncle, can I know how often do you visit the supermarket etc"

One girl : We'll just take one minute.
Me : What's up?
Fat boy : It's not going to take much of your time, just one minute.
Me : What's the matter?
Random guy : We just need one minute.
Me : What's the matter?

All in unison : We're spreading the good news. (传福音)
Girl : Do you feel lost? Do you feel empty, like all you do everytime is enjoy enjoy enjoy but still feel empty right?
Me : (巧慧的眼神)
Fat boy : We're telling you about a great great love, an all-encompasing love.
Me : oh. (Holy hell...)

Girl : Have you heard of the name of Jesus Christ?
Me : (contemplating...) err....yes.
Girl : Jesus loves you. Do you believe in Jesus?
Me : err.....
Fat boy : What's your religion? Are you a buddhist?
Me : Well, erm....I don't have a religion. (I don't like the idea of having a religion.)
Fat boy : oh, I see. (forgot what they said)

Girl : Do you want to know more about Jesus?
Me : erm... Why don't you just leave the leaflets or books to me, and I'll read them up when I'm free.
Fat boy : (start showing me one book) You see, these are the testimonials of the people who believe in Jesus. (信主)So you said you're a....free-thinker? Some of them also don't believe at first. See this.....see that....this.....
Me : ooo

I said I don't have a religion, I didn't say I'm a free-thinker, and I think by free-thinker he meant atheist. I think the three are different. Anyway, I'd like to be a free-thinker, but whatever.

Fat boy : And you need not worry, all these books, they have a publisher.
Me : (crow flying over my head) Does it matter?
Fat boy : Erm....so these books can be bought in bookstores. The one you're holding is RM10.90. Would you be interested in buying one for further reading?
Me : ohh.....(quick quick return the book, LOL)

Me : erm....actually I still have some left with me. haha, haven't finished those.....so.....
Fat boy : oh...you mean you have one of these.....
Me : oh, not this, just the other.......

Me : Where did you all come from?
Girl : Miri, Sarawak.
Me : wow.
Girl : To come and see you ah.......
Me : oh.

(moments later)
Fat boy : Why don't we all call the name of God/Jesus etc (I forgot the exact line)
Everyone of the group : bla bla bla (forgot)
Girl : (enthusiastically) C'mon, just call once and you're welcoming Jesus to enter your life!
Everyone in the group : bla bla bla
Me : hahaha (like the way Bond used to hahaha)

Me : Ok, thank you guys.
Girl : Jesus loves you.
Me : erm....wish you all a smooth trip. (祝你们顺利啦....)

Actually I shouldn't wish them to be successful. It's organized religions that cause so much sufferings. Think about Saudi Arabia, think about Iran, think about Malaysia!

It was like 10 minutes later that I realized I should have told them I'm gay and see what they have to say. >.<

6 comments:

Sayonara said...

Do I get a visit from Santa Claus if I enter Christian?

Anonymous said...

haha, the first part,

"One girl : We'll just take one minute.
Me : What's up?
Fat boy : It's not going to take much of your time, just one minute.
...."

if for me, i will say,"one minute is finish" then close the door...
(i say only, u know la, i dont dare to do so)

and how i hahaha?

DeluSion (lazy to sign in) said...

Sayonara : You get charcoal, LOL. Jesus Christ!

HaRRy Khaw : yalo, but you know, I'm so kind....

Next time I will hahaha for you to see.

I'm Bitcher than Rabbit said...

You should say something like Alhamdullilah.

♥ Jiie ♍ said...

I also had this situation before... shocked... so many guys VS me only... haha

cuteJason said...

This make me think of our teacher...XD

Me at here gt a lots of this things...
three words for them every time...
"Bo Eng larh...."
XD