Sunday, November 06, 2011

Meeting Someone in Cambridge

Met a gay Malaysian guy this afternoon. This is like, my second time meeting someone who is gay whom I know online (does facebook count, haha). So I was quite excited.

We walked around his campus, found some place to sit and have tea (Indian Chai which taste like teh tarik I suppose). Basically just chat. And you know, I'm very bad at talking one...so it ended up him asking me a lot of questions and I answer. Haha.

Him: Which part of Malaysia are you from?
Me: Kedah. (I already know he's from KL.)
(chat chat chat)
Him: What are you studying?
Me: I'm not quite sure yet. But it's probably Biology, or Biological Physics, or Biochemistry.

(ok it's not just him who ask questions la...I also got ask, eg

Me: What's your thesis about?
Him: Oh...I'm writing on the topic of (bla bla bla)
Me: ooh...(oh shit DeluSion! Think! Think! What to talk next!!!)

Then he asked me whether I'm strictly into guys. So I say yes lo. "I'm quite strict. haha." [Actually not. Would I really care if someone in every way conforms to my (deeply colonized) ideas and expectations of a man and is extremely hot but has a vagina? I think no lo. But I think this is just an academic question la. How often do you bump into such guys.]
(Disclaimer: This statement shall not be construed to mean that I'm top.][Disclaimer2: The preceding disclaimer shall not be construed to mean I'm bottom.][Disclaimer3: Disclaimer 1 and 2 shall not be combinedly interpreted to mean that I'm versatile, versatile bottom or versatile top.]

You see the thing is that I usually avoid asking personal questions in a conversation because I'm scared of making people uncomfortable. That means I will even avoid questions like "Do you like coffee or tea." haha. So...haiz...like that how to talk? Sure run out of topics right...

So don't say I didn't do anything in the weekend!!

Yay, now go study.

No comments: