Sunday, November 20, 2011

So there was this Pakistani guy, whom I shall assign the name Daha.

We know each other, but not well enough to call the other friend.

So Daha and I are both taking Linear Algebra this semester.

Daha took the "normal" Linear Algebra whereas I took the supposedly honors Linear Algebra which emphasize more on the theoretical (read: obscure) aspects of the subject, e.g. proving theorems.

Daha thought I was good at Linear because I got an A in the first midterm when he failed his.

So he'd asked me a couple of times, sort of informally, to teach him Linear, which I gently and politely declined, because the reason I got A was because the test was easy (evidence: in our second midterm, we got an open-book, open-laptop test. We got to work with partners. And the professor ordered pizzas. One angmoh sing during the exam, and I was like - "do you have a more soothing song?")

Daha said I was very hardworking, because his friend saw me pulling all-nighters in the computer room a few times, supposedly studying, when in fact the reason I had to stayed up all night was due to poor time management and prior procrastination.

I said I wasn't hardworking, cuz I wasn't even studying.

To which he snapped, "Dude, why are you lying?"

He told me he got a B in this second-midterm. I told him B is not bad (since that should be a vast improvement from the F he got for his first mid-term, and I'm only hoping for a B for my Modern Physics).

He said yeah B is not bad but he's still sad. I walked forward to hug him and he walked away.

----------------------------------
I...am...not...a...liar.

No comments: