Sunday, March 06, 2011

Still Not Dead

Dear Wenny & WenJie,

I had my Toy-Story-3 moment this evening when I was browsing the DVDs at Alor Star Mall's Speedy Outlet.



I saw Doraemon, Pokemon and Digimon movies, and really wanted to buy one. No point buying Doraemon since the comics are better and much cheaper. I was torn between Pokemon and Digimon. The prices were roughly the same. I was particularly keen on Pokemon 2000, since I never understood fully the storyline when I watched it as a child, due to my level of English that time.

I decided against another Pokemon DVD, because it only runs 42 minutes for RM 19.90, whereas for Pokemon 2000, I would have approximately 102 minutes of entertainment at RM 19.90 (or boredom you might argue). Pretty random (or calculative) way to decide on a movie you think? So anyway, I was going to take this Pokemon 2000 DVD, until I saw a digimon movies compilation - 7 digimon movies at RM 16.90, very dai2 (worth it) ahhh!!!!

Exactly the moment I had that thought - that excitement of discovering a 划算deal, I became aware of a loss inside me. Exactly that instant, I knew something inside me was gone. I could no longer enjoy or appreciate a cartoon for it's on worth, as evident when I compare their prices and worth with each other. I even preferred the English version over the Cantonese one, because I believed the English version would help to improve my English. You see, even a simple purchase has been loaded with so many expectations, calculations, considerations..........I suddenly felt, that I was growing up. And began to emo, though in a blissful way. And I doubted I could enjoy the cartoons as I had as a (gay) boy; perhaps I would not feel as excited, happy; I might analyze every scenes, what Ash or Misty just said, how credible was their theory etc....I thought, maybe there was no point buying the movie anymore...

I bought a DVD anyway, feeling reluctant to admit such loss. And I have yet to play it.

Just in case you were still with me, I sticked with Pokemon 2000.

-----------------------------------------
*Sorry my English.

5 comments:

♥ Jiie ♍ said...

apa lu mau ??

Anonymous said...

I do the same thing too. I bought anime which is more episode than other... Budget problem ma~!

You watch pokemon meh?

wenny0517 said...

POKEMAN ALL THE WAY!!!! xD
You make the right choice by chosen Pokemon..hehe..No offend to the Digimon lovers...I just think that Pokemon wins Digimon.. :P

Wenqi said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
♥ Jiie ♍ said...

I watched when primary school...(hahah paiseh previous comment removed by me because I ter-use my sis eh account to post...haha..rfrf)