Saturday, March 13, 2010

Hallelujah

Weeks before I read about a suicidal attempt of a gay blogger when he was about 17.
Just now I suddenly recalled this song, to which I listened over and over again when I was 16 -- when I was near the end of denying my feelings -- and be sad.

It didn't come to me that time that there were some sexual references in this song, until I read a comment on youtube. Then the lyrics made sense. I feel that the song is describing sex, and not just that, but something more -- something beautiful, so beautiful that he praised his Lord for it; something emotionally engaging(*1) and sad, and the word sad wouldn't do to convey such immense -- loss.




--------------------------
*1 write like did before =.=

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

hi can we b fren? wats ur email?